Triad F-body Club Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Sponsors  •  Gallery  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Piedmont 10/16 test and tune View next topic
View previous topic
SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey guys! Well it's that time of year again, nice cool weather. It's time to see what my car will do with the new 8.8! Hopefully I won't break anything this time. The track opens at noon, but I'll probably get there around 1 or so. Anyone who wants to go is more than welcome to join me!!

1997 Silver 30th Anniversary Z28 Convertible,Pacetter LT's,3" ORY,3" Flowmaster cat-back,Moroso cold air,58mm TB,CSR electric WP,1.6 RR's,LT1Edit,19" CCW's,Sportlines,KYB adjustable shocks,UMI torque arm,tubular rear suspension,Spec stage 3+,Custom 8.8,Moser 31 spline axles,Cobra Trac-lok,TA cover,LS1 driveshaft,13" drilled/slotted rotors,6LE gauge cluster,HID's,SS hood and wing
GreenZ96
TFB Supporting Member
TFB Supporting Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If a couple people go, I might ride up to watch.

push button, go vroom
gm99z28
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im going. I plan on being there at 12.

SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll have a better head count tomorrow, but there's four or five of us so far.

1997 Silver 30th Anniversary Z28 Convertible,Pacetter LT's,3" ORY,3" Flowmaster cat-back,Moroso cold air,58mm TB,CSR electric WP,1.6 RR's,LT1Edit,19" CCW's,Sportlines,KYB adjustable shocks,UMI torque arm,tubular rear suspension,Spec stage 3+,Custom 8.8,Moser 31 spline axles,Cobra Trac-lok,TA cover,LS1 driveshaft,13" drilled/slotted rotors,6LE gauge cluster,HID's,SS hood and wing
SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the 8.8 is hanging in there. I ran an 8.48 which is only .07 seconds slower than my previous best. I still have some suspension tuning to do to break into he 8.30's. Traction is definitely not a problem now with the new axle, but I think the axle is hitting the sway bar when I launch, binding the suspension. I'm thinking its finally time to custom fabricate some lca's, panhard, and torque arm. I have some design improvements in mind over the aftermarket pieces I currently have.

Track conditions today were amazing! Nice hot track and cool air. It was so good that people were breaking their cars left and right! Two guys transmissions busted. One guy broke his half shaft. My older brother broke his cv joint, and Greg ripped his driveshaft in half after running 7.60's I think.

tarheelsoldier
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Very Happy I wish I could have come out and seen what my car would have done...

1995 Chevy Camaro Z28 M6
LT1Rob
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you get any video, my buddy was the one you were running with the Datsun. He ended up twisting his Driveshaft in half
SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah man, cool guy in the Datsun. That thing was wicked fast, but he was spinning half way down the track! My girlfriend was shooting video and he and I were staged together several times so I might have a video of his run. I just haven't had a chance to review the videos she took. That's awesome that you guys are friends.

LT1Rob
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah we work together at Bmw. There was also a white 3rd gen trans am that is one of our friends that we work with.
SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Michelle actually ended up getting a video of the run where your friend in the datsun twisted his driveshaft. The only bad thing is she didn't get the camera ready fast enough to get the entire run, but it begins right after the launch. You can see his car rolling to a stop. I'll try to upload a few videos from that day when I get a chance.

LT1Rob
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Image Image Image here are some pics of the carnage that came from the datsun

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic