Triad F-body Club Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Sponsors  •  Gallery  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Piedmont test amd tune today, oct 31 View next topic
View previous topic
SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright guys, harding to the drag strip again, and this time I have new front tires, an electric water pump, and no speakers, amp, jack, or spare tire slowing me down! Also, my roommate Devin will be bring his supercharged Harley truck. Should be a good time.

1997 Silver 30th Anniversary Z28 Convertible,Pacetter LT's,3" ORY,3" Flowmaster cat-back,Moroso cold air,58mm TB,CSR electric WP,1.6 RR's,LT1Edit,19" CCW's,Sportlines,KYB adjustable shocks,UMI torque arm,tubular rear suspension,Spec stage 3+,Custom 8.8,Moser 31 spline axles,Cobra Trac-lok,TA cover,LS1 driveshaft,13" drilled/slotted rotors,6LE gauge cluster,HID's,SS hood and wing
gm99z28
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What was your best time? The car was moving for sure. How much did you pick up from last time you ran your car?

hickmoad
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SilverLT1vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The car was running really good for sure. I ran an 8.41 which is one tenth quicker and 84.64 mph which is almost two mph faster. That was the run that destroyed my differential. I didn't even get to tune my suspension any. I know it will do 8.30's with a better launch. Found out my stock diff was about shot anyway. I was spinning one wheel in the water box, so it's time for an upgrade anyway and maybe some hardened axles. I'm pretty proud of my times though. Especially for a bolt-on LT1! You and Troy put down some awesome times! You both gained like 4-5 tenths and 4-5 mph from just tweaking your setup. Very impressive. I'm going to try and order a new diff here soon so I can get back in the action. I had a blast running with you guys.

1997 Silver 30th Anniversary Z28 Convertible,Pacetter LT's,3" ORY,3" Flowmaster cat-back,Moroso cold air,58mm TB,CSR electric WP,1.6 RR's,LT1Edit,19" CCW's,Sportlines,KYB adjustable shocks,UMI torque arm,tubular rear suspension,Spec stage 3+,Custom 8.8,Moser 31 spline axles,Cobra Trac-lok,TA cover,LS1 driveshaft,13" drilled/slotted rotors,6LE gauge cluster,HID's,SS hood and wing
gm99z28
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SilverLT1vert wrote:
The car was running really good for sure. I ran an 8.41 which is one tenth quicker and 84.64 mph which is almost two mph faster. That was the run that destroyed my differential. I didn't even get to tune my suspension any. I know it will do 8.30's with a better launch. Found out my stock diff was about shot anyway. I was spinning one wheel in the water box, so it's time for an upgrade anyway and maybe some hardened axles. I'm pretty proud of my times though. Especially for a bolt-on LT1! You and Troy put down some awesome times! You both gained like 4-5 tenths and 4-5 mph from just tweaking your setup. Very impressive. I'm going to try and order a new diff here soon so I can get back in the action. I had a blast running with you guys.

That is rolling out for a bolt on lt1 car. Yeah we both picked up some good time. I was extremely happy with my times

gm99z28
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hickmoad wrote:

Sweet pic. Your car is pretty cool

hickmoad
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks its still needs alot of work all over so in time but next time im there ( Marchish ) I plan on having a new front bumper support with remote water pump and plate my motor to the frame and who knows what else. I want to compete in the 7.49 class on motor I hope but theres still the juice
91Z28Vert
TFB Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had such a blast running my bike up there. I have never even tried to race the thing before so I was super scared of it, but once I got a little more comfortable I went faster and faster every run. Ended up getting a 7.74 at 103 mph, which was pretty good I thought for an extremely novice rider. The bike can go way faster if I just had the balls.

IROC2000LS1
TFB Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

91Z28Vert wrote:
I had such a blast running my bike up there. I have never even tried to race the thing before so I was super scared of it, but once I got a little more comfortable I went faster and faster every run. Ended up getting a 7.74 at 103 mph, which was pretty good I thought for an extremely novice rider. The bike can go way faster if I just had the balls.

Glad to see you ride your bike out to the track! It's not that bad on the track once you get the feel of it. You was getting faster more ran, but it does take alot of balls to run a stock lenth bike hard at the track.

Josh you and I were running some close times! The guys that was sitting with me ask what you had done to your car. They thought it ran good for just a bolt on Lt1 car.
I ran a 8.486 @ 86.02 on street tires spinning. Hope this Sunday to have drag E/t on the back of my car. I can't wait to see what it run with a tune
and spray it!

Alex is was good to meet you, Nice TA!

Greg I still got to get you that cookie! Lol congrats

2000 Camaro Targa Top Conversion, LS1, Tick level 2 T56, 243 heads, Cam 586 lift 236 dur. 102mm intake & TB, True duels going in to CME, 6 point Roll Cage and the list goes on 1986 Iroc restoring slowly, LT1 & T56 going back in
Gary's car part of the TFB
1993 Z28 old school 350 ZZ4 with turbo 350,
hickmoad
TFB Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah Glad I met all you guys. I will be back around Thanksgivin so let me know if somthins up. Got that power steering off that 53 inch belt was perfect. But overall I think with what my car has it should be a bit quicker on motor.

1998 WS6, LS1, EAGLE ROTATING ASSEMBLY, DIAMOND FORGED PISTONS, PATRIOT STAGE III HEADS, GARY WILLIAMS 850 cfm CARB, NOS FOGGER, TURBO 400, MOSER 9inch 411, AND MUCH MUCH MORE... BEST TIME ON MOTOR 7.765 Now Plates and new cooling system.. AND NOW COMPLETE REWIRE, AWESOME!!!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic