Triad F-body Club Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Sponsors  •  Gallery  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 New Best At Piedmont Yesterday View next topic
View previous topic
10SECSS
TFB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

New best on motor was 7.30@96mph.
On small kit it ran 6.52@108mph.

This on 103,000 stock bottom end except for rod-bolts. Polluter Cam, Stage 2 LS6 heads, and LS6 intake. There is actually little more left in the current combo.

ABUBACA
Founding Fathers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NICE!.... Cool

zracer
TFB Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good run for sure. What's the other details of your car? Get it on video?
10SECSS
TFB Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Video of the motor pass, I think I have one of the nitrous pass. I got all the pics and time slips of that day.

Details
103,000 stock bottom end except for rod-bolts. Polluter Cam, Stage 2 LS6 heads, and LS6 intake, 175-hp spray, Kooks 1 7/8inch headers, into 3inch custom y-pipe into a single 4inch race muffler dumped before rear, Built 4l60-e, Yank 3600,
strange 12-bolt 4.11 spool. On 275/60-15 Drag Radial. Full Interior Car.

Car is now getting a 8-point Cage for safety.

zracer
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried spraying mine a 125 shot once but I had to much timing pull out . I pulled 8 degrees for starters and haven't tried it anymore. It went 6.95 and has been 7.10 on motor. I have never messed with it before and wanted to be super safe and my pressure gage messed up when I got to the track. I may put my 3600 back in and try it again sometime. You coming out to dragging rights on the 30th?
I want a bolt in cage but dang they are high. I have bought a white z thats a SS clone I am trying to get ready for dragging rights. I hate to put a cage in my red z28. That's good times. You going to throw some more at it after you get a cage?
10SECSS
TFB Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow 8-degrees, i am running 24-degrees at WOT, using NGK BR7EF spark plug, and 110 racing gas. Usual rule is 2-degrees out for 50-hp of nitrous but ever car is different. I had a Circle D 4400-stall but since i was spray 175 and up I switched to the yank so far its be awesome. I may go to dragging rights if I am not out of town. Actually i am in the process of putting a 8-point Cage weld in from Spohn. Just finished all the welding yesterday, going today to clean up the welds and paint it before starting to put the interior back in. I still drive my car on the street and to car shows so I am trying to keep it street-able.

zracer
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I meant to put I pulled 8 degrees and I am running a yank Pt4000 and stock 3.23 gears . I weighed my car that day and it weighed 3760. I have a yank 3600 I may try. I drive my car a lot too and I had to put a cage in it. If this white car I am working on works out like I want it will have a cage in it and I will leave my red z28 like it is since it's border line on cage required. Piedmont is getting strick on that . I was curious about your stall,gears and weight cause our combos aren't that different.
10SECSS
TFB Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah I seen where you said you pulled 8-degrees, what's your timing at WOT? I know on motor mine is 28- degrees, and took 4-out for spray. As far as weight I have not weighed mine, but I have no ac, no heater box, manual brake's, manual steering with lines looped,cruise control delete, front bumper support, weld rts big and little's, no back seat, tubular k-member, and battery relocated to the back where spare tire was.

zracer
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Timing is usually around 26. I pulled 8 degree's and put the fuel on 12.5-1 to be safe. I was going to add timing back in slowly and lean it up if need be but I didn't get to make anymore passes . I have part of my front bumper support out and my sway bar off as my only weight reductions. I was also trying to spray it as soon as the car moved. I still have the stock 10 bolt in. I wasn't doing the tuning I was telling Jon what I wanted changed.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic