Triad F-body Club Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Sponsors  •  Gallery  •  Calendar   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 New personal best......again. View next topic
View previous topic
JonCR96Z
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Went to a shitty 1/8 mile track (Thunder Valley in Red Springs, for those who know it), for fear of getting rained out tomorrow at Fayetteville.

Radials aren't cooperating with the new stall. Made a few passes in the 10 second zone, spinning to half track and just riding easy the rest of the way.

I did pull off a 7.78 and followed that up with another 10 sec run. I was ready to go at that point, but I couldn't find my buddy who rode with me and since no one was in the staging lanes I just pulled back up to the line.

I left dead off idle and eased into it for about 20-30 feet. The run went as follows:

60' - 1.684
330 - 4.859
1/8 - 7.571
MPH - 89.74

I didn't have the camera out due to the other shitty runs I had been pulling off, but I got it back out after this and tried a few more time. Got a 8.2, a 7.9, and a 7.61 on tape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqMOF2JX8cA

With some drag radials and leaving hard it'll easily do 40s maybe even some 30s.

My mods are:
2001 WS6 A4 w/ lid, no MAF, ported TB, ram air kit, EWP, catback, PT4000 and draglites on cheap radials. Stock manifolds/cats and stock 142,000 mile long block.

It was pretty cool out, the temp was 52 degrees and estimated DA of around -300'. Which is awesome, too bad I couldn't hook. I would love to have taken full advantage of that DA.

Jon

WS6FirebirdTA00
TFB Sponsor!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good run man, and a nice DA to be racing in.

What does the car weigh?

JonCR96Z
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would estimate the race weight to be around 3500 lbs. I'm about 210. I weighed it at Rockingham with the stock wheels and it was 3605. I took out a few items I didn't think that I would need and the skinnies saved me about 40 lbs, plus I lost about 20 lbs.

It had about a 1/4 tank of gas and few odds and ends in the back. Camera, laptop, some hand tools. I wish I had just filled it up before I got there. I'm sure the extra hooking would benefit more than the extra weight gain.

I have some M/T drag radials ready to go back on the stock wheels. That and maybe play with the suspension a little and I should be good to go.

I'd like to see atleast some consistant 11.8s in the 1/4. And I plan on stealing the FAST 90 on my CTSV, and possibly getting some headers. Though, I really like the quietness of a Magnaflow and stock cats.

I scared those guys in the video that were working on the right lane in the last 2 runs. They didn't know I had pulled up til I started doing a burnout and they seemed to panic a little when they thought that they were getting run over, til they turned and saw me in the other lane.

And I didn't mention it earlier but my previous best in the 1/8 was a 8.09 and about 20 8.1s. So the PT4000 was worth half a tenth, not even having traction. MPH even went up about .5 MPH on average and it'll probably be more as well, when I can flat foot it out of the hole like I did before the converter.

Jon

WS6FirebirdTA00
TFB Sponsor!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah those autos love the converters, no doubt. That is one thing I would like to do is get some lighter wheels all around, but I don't race enough to justify the spending on it lol

JonCR96Z
TFB Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The draglites I'm using are borrowed and I can't stand the way they look. I just wanted to try the skinnies and I got talked into just running the whole set.

But with the heavy 295/50/15 radials, the rears are within a few pounds of the 17" WS6 wheels. So not really much gain there. They did hook a little better than the 275/40/17s but that's gone now.

I'm sure with the WS6 wheels back on and dragradials it will still run better than 7.5 just due to the launch and look better doing it. MPH may suffer some, but that's not what I'm after. Plus it will add to the sleeper effect of it.

Jon

WS6FirebirdTA00
TFB Sponsor!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, heavy wheels suck. I have 295/45/17s on the rear and those bastards are much heavier than I expected. I wish I weighed the difference from the 275s. It may not be much but you can feel it for sure haha

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic